Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Perfect Day

If I haven't mentioned in previous posts, I have the perfect husband and the perfect little boy!  On Tuesday morning I woke up to the wonderful smell of eggs, bacon, and hot pancakes with warm syrup.  Yum...and did I mention that my amazing husband surprised me with taking the entire day off?!  Seriously...Campbell and I were so happy!  We decided to go to the Tyler Zoo since Campbell was off for spring break, and we ended up having the best time.  Campbell didn't even have to have a stroller!  What a breakthrough moment in Campbell history!  He walked all day, and not one complaint.  We were so proud!  I even got to read about each animal and their habitat, which was also a first considering that in the recent past Campbell would of been alligator food if we detoured our attention from him for even half a second!  Campbell has recently turned a corner that his father and I are enjoying.  I love hanging out with my best friend and the coolest little boy in the whole world.  Below is a recap of our perfect day.  

Campbell and I are making our best tiger impressions, but from the looks of the tiger in the back ground...I think he thought our attempts were pretty lame.  
Campbell got to feed the birds!  It was a neat experience... until an ornery little bird pooped on his head!  It was really, as Campbell would say, DISGUSTING!!!
This was Campbell's favorite part of our zoo trip!  He loved the reptile and amphibian exhibit.  His favorite, of course, was the rattle snake display.  We were quite the opposite.  As soon as we entered, I couldn't wait to leave.  Seriously, something about that exhibit made my skin crawl. 
Making our best fish faces for daddy!  -(Note to self... when pregnant and swollen, don't make a fish face!  YIKES!!!)
Daddy and Campbell at the crocodile exhibit.  This was my favorite part of our zoo trip!  It was so much fun watching Nate and Campbell growl and roar together.  I basically just love watching my boys be boys.  
Hanging out with the giraffes.  -(Campbell thought they were too funny.)  
Petting the goats, or in Campbell's case, smothering this one particular poor little goat.  Bless his sweet heart.  I am quite sure that the goats were use to this type of treatment though.
After the zoo, we decided to go to Cheddar's where this pregnant momma enjoyed the best Monte Cristo Sandwich she has ever had!  Daddy of course had buffalo wing wraps and Campbell with his usual, enjoyed chicken and friendship fries.  -(Campbell has always called french fries, friendship fries.  Too cute!)  This perfect day ended up coming to the perfect end with three concrete custards from Andy's!  YUM...every pregnant ladies dream.  We could not of had a better day!  Thank you daddy for the greatest surprise ever!  We love you so much and are so incredibly thankful for the way you love your family.  You are the best daddy and husband ever! 

~Love Care and Campbell~     

3 comments:

  1. What a fun day!!!! The tiger pic is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun Cara! My grandfather built a lot of this zoo so we used to go ALL the time when I was a kid :) The Andy's isn't too far from my grandmother's house actually! Hope things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tiger picture! I want to go there with you guys sometime. It looked like the perfect day - wish I could have tagged along!
    Love you and my precious boy!

    ReplyDelete