Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Happening Halloween!!!

Every Halloween Nate, Campbell, and I carve pumpkins, make yummy treats, and go to The Fall Festival at First Irving.  This Halloween was not that much different, with the exception of missing out on the Fall Festival at our former church.  We decided, instead, to trick-or-treat for the first time ever!  (Now... I have a cool little trick that my dear mom taught me, and I would love to share with you all.  No kid should have to miss out on the fun of getting to knock on neighbors doors yelling trick-or-treat, or in Campbell's case, trick-and-treating!!!... but if you are a protective mommy like myself, you probably aren't comfortable with letting your kiddo devour candy from complete utter strangers.  That is where my little bag of tricks comes into play.)  Last night Campbell had a blast ringing door bells, growling at other children, and yelling the famous catch phrase of course... Trick-or-Treat!  When our journey was complete, I told Campbell that he could eat some candy after he had a bath.  He ran to the bath tub with no arguments... upon which I handed Nate Campbell's treat sack so that he could dispose of our new stash properly.  Nate quickly dumped all the candy we had accumulated in the trash where he then filled Campbell's treat sack with our own candy that we had purchased from the store.  After Campbell was done with his bath, he enjoyed a few pieces of candy-(that he thought was the result of his brilliant tactics to bribe strangers), brushed his teeth, and went off to bed.  Our story concludes with breakfast the next morning.  As I was pouring milk in Campbell's cereal, he began to explain to me that it was time to get dressed as Optimus Prime and start all over!!!  Fun times! 
Waiting for the door to be answered above, and below we are flexing our awesome O-Prime muscles!
Below, Campbell is getting ready for his Halloween Costume Party at school!
Below, Campbell is proud of his Captain Jenkins pumpkin carving.  (Captain Jenkins is my parents cat that Campbell is best good friends with!)
Below, Campbell is gutting the pumpkin.  At one point, he put the guts in his mouth and gagged horribly... it was quite a sight for sure!  Our dog loved the guts though, and didn't gag... (I know what you are all thinking... where were you?  I was taking pictures laughing and smiling the whole time!)    :)
Happy Halloween!!!!  ~The Smith Crew

1 comment:

  1. That is a great plan! I will have to remember that for the future! :-) Campbell looks adorable! We missed you guys this year.

    ReplyDelete