Friday, April 3, 2009

Never Had A Boy Break My Heart Like This!

I can honestly say, after today, that I have never had a boy break my heart the way my son did today when his heart broke as a result of an escaping mouse balloon. Earlier in the week Campbell went to ChuckECheese with a close coworker of Nate's and her grandsons. It was a big trip! He has never done anything like that before without boring ol' mom tagging along. During this trip, he won enough tickets playing games to get this silly mouse balloon. He was so proud. I wish you all could of seen the look on his face as he told his father about how the balloon came about. Just precious. Today, we brought lunch to Nate at the office, which we occasionally do if he seems to be having trouble breaking away. After our short visit, we arrived at the house where I flung open the door and the dumb balloon flew off before I could grab it. Campbell didn't say anything, but after a few short seconds his big baby blues began to swell with tears as he softly said, "My favorite balloon." He just starred at the balloon in a longing sort of manner. My heart broke! I found myself completely broken and helpless. I couldn't stand the sight of my precious little boy crying because of something that I had done! It was an awful feeling and I couldn't help but grab him, pull him close, and cry too. It was a rough afternoon to say the least. As a result of my careless mistake, I rushed inside and made Campbell and I some milk and cookies, which seemed to ease both of our minds. -(Praise God for oatmeal creme pies and 1%!) I have been asked the question, have you ever had your heart broken, and never in a million years did I think my response to the question would be, "Yes! My little boy utterly broke my heart when he lost his mouse balloon."
~Cara~

3 comments:

  1. Hey Cara! That is so sad that he lost his new balloon :( Thanks for the comment on my blog! My birthday is on the 3rd of April. What were you thinking of for the new little baby boy? Here is my email... ayosten@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out there and buy that baby a new mouse balloon. That breaks my heart too! See, I told you motherhood is just a very hard job. That won't be the last time that boy breaks your heart! Trust me! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a balloon story too Cara!

    I am not sure how little you were but you were at my parents and had this red balloon. You were going up and down the stairs after Nick and you fell from high up the stairs and POP!!! went your balloon.

    Me and my mom went running thinking your screams meant you were hurt. Your mom and dad just walked over to you. I remember asking them to hurry and help you and Uncle Bill saying that you were not hurt. I asked him how he knew and he said that was your mad cry not your hurt cry...he said you must have been po'd because you popped your balloon. Sure enough, my mom gave you a new balloon and your wounds were magically healed. Much the way I am sure Campbell was healed by those cookies and milk. Wait, there is not any magic in those-must be the LOVE that goes with them!

    Just keep loving him!!!

    ReplyDelete