Thursday, January 29, 2009

Full Circle!

Four and three years ago, Nate and I lived in Sulphur Springs, Texas.  One day we were driving home from eating at Chili's when I noticed that a new baseball sign had gone up in front of a business and many houses.  The sign read Braydon.  My heart broke, for I knew that the sign meant another child was facing the horrible battle against cancer.  In Sulphur Springs, our community supports children with cancer by putting out signs with their names on them to raise awareness and benefit for the victims and their families.  Braydon would of been about 2 or 3 when Nate and I began to pray for a healing over, who was then, this precious child that we didn't even know.  Through the years, we moved back to Irving and then recently we have moved back to Sulphur Springs again.  We have even more recently joined a church.  Every Sunday at church Nate and I would smile at this precious little boy who would usually walk by us holding his daddy's hand.  Nate and I had no idea who this little boy was, but we both agreed that he was special and seemed to have this glorious presence about him.  Every time we saw him he would just flash us the cutest smile.  I was trying to explain to Nate one day that this child was truly special, and the only way I could put into words what I felt when we exchanged smiles was that it just seemed like the hands of God had touched this sweet boy.  During our recent move to Sulphur Springs, we have become extremely involved in our new church, working with the youth, bible studies, music, and fellowship.  One evening while I was in bible study, I felt the urge to stand and ask the 50 beautiful women in my study to pray for a friend of ours who has been diagnosed with cancer.  Upon pleading for prayer, a woman, Victoria Smith wrote me with her encouraging story that brought me to my knees as tears flowed down my face.  Victoria wrote me an e-mail about her story and her sons battle with cancer for three years.  She exclaimed that her now completely normal and healthy 6 year old little boy, Braydon Smith was doing wonderful, and had been healed of his cancer.  Not only was I encouraged and touched by her story, but I was completely taken by my Saviors perfect love for His people.  You see, Victoria is the mother of the little boy that Nate and I smile at every Sunday as he walks by holding his daddy's hand.  I had no idea that the little boy that Nate and I knew was so very special, was the child we have been praying for for the past three years.  Our God is so amazing in the way that He brings things full circle.  He never ceases to amaze us.  It is as if He wants us to know that He always hears our prayers and He is always waiting for us to come to Him, and He truly is beloved.   -(In the corner of my page you will see a link that states prayer and praise for Braydon Smith.  This is a link to his story, his battle, and then Christ's victory in Him!  Praise God!  What an awesome mighty God we serve that He cares so intimately for His children!) 
Love~The Smith Family 

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I got chills reading this post... Very awesome! My husband grew up in Sulphur Springs and I always remember seeing the star, baseball, etc. signs with a childs name on it. I have always thought that was such a neat idea and your story is even more amazing... Thanks for sharing! Hope all is going well with your pregnancy. I am sure Campbell is so exciting for a new little brother or sister! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cool story. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me teary-eyed. Wow Cara that is awesome! Thanks for sharing, I needed that. Love you, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!! This is a really sweet story!! It made me teary eyed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that one brought the tears flowing! It was so good to see you and your family yesterday. Emma adores your Campbell! I am so excited to add you to my blog list and keep up with you all and your soon to be new arrival! Much love to you all!

    ReplyDelete